It is a known fact that Hemp makes excellent fiber. Many people fashion that hemp into elegant bracelets! So, you must be wondering how to make hemp bracelets for yourself? Is it complicated? What kind of things do I need? Here we answer all your questions!
Well, it’s a great at home craft and gives you cute bracelets that are very on-trend! The possibilities with hemp yarn and thread are endless! While we can’t make the whole cloth at home, you can fashion it into unique pieces of jewelry. One of the easiest accessories to make is Hemp Bracelets! If you want this fashionable accessory for yourself, then follow these easy steps to create one at home!
How to Make Hemp Bracelets?
There are several things that you need to make hemp bracelets.
What You Need:
- 10 Feet (3m) of Hemp Fiber, thread form.
- Beads or Charms (Optional)
- Tape (Optional)
How to Make Macramé Bracelets:
- First of all, take two individual Hemp threads! Take your scissors and cut each of the Hemp threads into 5 feet long pieces. (Five feet is around 1.5 meters)
- Once you have the pieces of the hemp thread lined up accurately, fold them entirely, and create a knot to mark the starting point! From here, you start crafting your bracelet.
- It is very important to have stabilization before you start making your bracelet. Try to use a chair or put the knot in between your knees, so it gives you a sturdy place to work from! You could also use an optional tape here, to attach it to a sturdy surface.
- Now before you start; Make sure you have four different strands to work from, and they are all equal in length, if not, then you can always open the thread and re-adjust it!
These are the basic steps before braiding any style of knot. The styles can vary with and change the steps along with it. Here are the steps to make a basic Macramé Hemp bracelet.
- Take the strand to the extreme left and cross it over the to middle strands. Easy so far, right?
- Then take the last strand on the right and cross it over the strand on the extreme left.
- Now here is where it gets a little tricky! Pull the strand over and under, up through the loop! That’s all you have to do. This will create a knot-like pattern that you have to pull to the end!
- Once the knot is secure, repeat the same process, and keep tying knots until you see a visible pattern forming.
- Tie the ends when you are finished!
Make sure to leave enough material at the end of the bracelet for it to sufficiently tie around your wrist. You can try it on your hand to see where to stop braiding it.
Making Different Knots!
While you have learned the method for a basic Hemp bracelet, this is not all that you can do. There are many different patterns and designs that can give you a variety of bracelets that you can stack on your wrist!
The Spiral Knot Braid
Here are some steps to make a unique spiral knot that looks very chic!
- Take the strand towards the extreme right and cross it over the middle strands while going under the left strand! It will give you a ‘four’ like formation.
- Take the strand towards the extreme lefts and thread it under the middle strands and through the hole in the four like formation
- Now like the step before all you have to do is tighten the strands, and that’s it! You will see a spiral, almost DNA like structure forming.
The SwitchBack Braid
The switch back is a really cool knot! It looks like spaces between your bracelet and is super easy to make! All you have to do is
- Take the outer two strings on the left and the right and loop them inside!
- Keep on Knotting and add spaces along the way.
- You can also choose to add beads between the spaces!
There is no limit to your creativity. If you are experienced with braiding different styles of bracelets, then this is going to be a very easy task. Don’t let these options limit you! You can use different colors and patterns as you please!
In fact, there are a lot more braiding styles for crafting your own bracelets. You can make a chevron pattern, a zip design, or a bracelet that uses multiple colors too! If you are not that into braiding, you can try a simple Celtic knot to make a vintage bracelet!
Add Beads and Charms to Your Hemp Bracelet!
You don’t have to go with a plain old bracelet, and you can fashion it up with many things. The easiest way to go about is by fashioning it with ready-made charms. If you are into charm bracelets, then this is a great way to make one for yourself.
Many craft and jewelry stores sell charms in different shapes and sizes. They are usually in an enamel form or plastic ones with a hook attached. Take some small, pointed plier and start attaching as many trinkets as you like. You can even attach ready-made Hemp leaf charms that will fit the theme well.
If you don’t want it for dangling charms, then it is ideal to go for thread-in beads. You can easily get these beads from the craft store.
So, can you make Hemp bracelets with beads? If you have ever played with at home jewelry making sets as a child, the process is very similar! You have to insert a bead of your liking after each knot that you make. The rest of the process stays the same.
Try stacking multiple beads in one place and make a beaded hemp bracelet! You can make it themed or even multi-colored bracelets that match your fashion aesthetic! These go great, especially with a beach outfit!
A Twist You Can Add to Your Hemp bracelet
You can make a lot more than Hemp bracelets with Hemp Yarn and thread. Hemp threads come in different shades. You can get the original husky brown or go for a darker chocolatey brown to make a mix of the two!
The different shades will really go with each other and compliment many outfits you wear since it is a neutral color. Instead of this, you can also braid bracelets with a different material. A Silk ribbon between the bracelet, or perhaps a different colored yarn! This will look great if you love that pop of color.
These are also an excellent choice to give to your friends as friendship bracelet! A pro-tip: Hemp is good with absorbing smells. You can spray a light perfume, to make a perfect personalized gift for your friends and family!
That is Not The End of Hemp Jewelry!
Hemp fiber is not just for bracelets. You can turn them into cute one strand necklaces. Moreover, you can make a choker the same way you make a bracelet! Attach different kinds of charms and make your favorite pattern.
The possibilities are endless if you have a creative mind. Try expanding your creations to anklets or even belts. Once you know how to make hemp bracelets, you will get a hand of braiding and weaving Hemp threads. Then it is much easier to craft different fashion accessories, fit to your liking.